What size socket do I need to change my oil?

Asked by 5150 May 05, 2019 at 06:25 PM about the 2000 Mercury Sable LS Premium Wagon FWD

Question type: Maintenance & Repair

I own a 2000 mercury sable ls wagon and I am trying to change my oil as well
as the drain plug (because it's kinda stripped) but I don't know what size
socket to use to unscrew it and drain the oil. Can someone please answer my
question? Thank you

1 Answer


Buy a set of sockets and you will be able to do more than just change the oil. If I had to guess it would be 17mm.

2 people found this helpful.

Your Answer:


Mercury Sable Experts

  • #1
  • #2
    Guy Outland
  • #3
    Paul Tuck
View All

Find great deals from top-rated dealers


Related Models For Sale

Used Ford Taurus
13 Great Deals out of 236 listings starting at $2,495
Used Nissan Altima
46 Great Deals out of 1,269 listings starting at $1,990

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use. Content will be removed if CarGurus becomes aware that it violates our policies.