98 vw GTI goes dead
So I was jump starting my 98 vw GTI got it started
with a little help from the accelerator. Right when I
reved it past 5k something popped, jumper cables
started smoking and everything went dead. Engine,
interior lights, insturment cluster. I put the battery
on the drip charger overnight and tried it again. I
get sparks when I connect the terminals, however
still nothing electrically live inside the car. I'm
wondering if there is some master fuse or relay I
something is grounding out , what work was done recently ? get it fixed before you toast all wiring and computer
I replaced the clutch recently which required the ground cable being removed from the transmission and reattached. Could it be a faulty connection there?
if it was done improperly it could be the problem , any electrical work needs to be clean and tight , some cables wear against other parts till one day "pop"