door lock problems on honda accord ex
• Tried to open Honda Accord 2004 EX driver side door…the doors
sounded like they were going to open but immediately snapped back to
• I tried a couple of more times…then I thought it was a problem with the
fob. I tried another fob, same result.
• I thought well it is not a fob problem.
• I tried to open the driver’s side door by timing pulling the handle
immediately as soon as I hit the button on the fob, this did not work.
• I tried this on the back door and pulled the handle immediately as I hit
to button on the fob, it worked on the three other doors.
• I was not able to get the drivers side open in that manner.
• I then thought I could lean over the passenger’s side and pull up the
lock button on the driver’s door, but it would not budge. It was like it was
• I can’t remember if I tried the lock button on the door if I did I did not
• I had an appointment, so I got a ride…
• When I got home I looked it up on the internet…it said try, fob, the lock
button, pulling up the lock tab, and oh yes the key…da!
• I used the key it opened…I don’t know if it did a reset but then the lock
button worked, the fobs worked, pulling up on the lock tab worked.
• I went back out and tried the fob several times again…it worked each
time. But, I think that I hear a slight sound after the door lock tab pops up…
Like the action is strained or possibly going to fail.
• I don’t know whether to have it worked on or wait until it happens again.
OK it has happened again…but this time the door key did not work to open
the door…got the other door open tried to lean across and open by using the
inside lock/unlock button and lifting the driver side latch tab to no avail…had
to crawl over the center console to drive back to house and crawl back out…I
tried the other two keys/fobs no help driver’s side door still locked. Help